This chapter was great. There was lots of plot endings, a peek at the primary character, and very good pieces of action and strategy. will admit the struggle with Kin-Gin was shorter than was expecting it to be, but for this type of lean fight, there was little to no filler. Kishimoto did a excellent job of conveying how fast First Division became distressed against a jinchuriki. It will be interesting to see how the allied shinobi manage the remaining jinchuriki given that there are many left. In addition, think it is fitting that the conflict was won not through brute power, but with intellect, that is the secret to true victory on the battlefield. Additionally, the characterizations continued to be excellent. And Shikaku gave us a wonderful thematic cap to the last couple of chapters. Nevertheless, this Chapter was fool of advice concerning the mythology of the show and I’d love to have a moment to discuss how this chapter shapes the history of the ninja world. What we know is that:
- At some point early in the creation of the Hidden Cloud, the village attempted to reach the kyuubi. Because of this, Kinkaku and Ginkaku consumed the chakra of the bijuu through hammering its innards, a feat that remains unrepeated. The Naruto Filler List Hidden Cloud also gathered the five shinobi treasures believed to have belonged to the Sage of the Six Paths.
- Konoha then took ownership of the Kyuubi with Madara Uchiha initially taming the beast, but after a falling out with Konoha, Senju Hashirama’s wife served as its boat.
- Kinkaku and Ginkaku defected in the Hidden Cloud, taking with them the five shinobi paintings, of which only the Amber Purifying Pot has been recovered.
- The Nidaime Hokage tried to enter into a formal alliance maybe to help finish the First Shinobi World War with the Nidaime Raikage, but the Kin-Gin brothers staged a coup. In actuality, this seems likely, because a nation is extremely vulnerable during a period of war making the chance of a coup simpler.
- The Nidaime Hokage, Tobirama Senju, died during the First Shinobi World War, allowing his team to flee as he confronted a force called Team Kinkaku. Kinkaku is known to have defeated the Second Hokage, leaving him near death at least. Thus, we could conclude that these events are the same.